Beef steaks with prune chutney Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 thick-cut beef steaks, 170 g (6 oz.) each
- 25 g (5 tsp.) butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) prunes
- 1 glass of water
- 300 g (10 oz.) brown crystallized sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 200 g (7 oz.) red onion
- 1 glass of white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. quatre-épices
- 1/2 lemon
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash and stem the apples. Quarter and core them without peeling; cut into small dice. Toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the apples, onion and prunes in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the sugar, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spice.
- Reduce the heat to minimum. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter gently in a skillet.
- Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by the prune chutney.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration: www.civ-viande.org / Photo: Laurent Rouvrais
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips