Beef Souvlaki - Greek-Style Marinated Beef Brochettes Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: A few minutes
Marinating time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Very fast - 5 minutes
Serve Greek style on a bed of rice pilaf with young garden vegetables that have been cooked in aluminum foil on the barbecue. The accompanying sauce is traditionally tzatziki, but you could also serve béarnaise.
- 500 g (18 oz.) sirloin or inside round steak, 2 cm thick
- 50 ml (3 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Combine the spices with the oil; brush both sides of the steak;
- cut the beef into 2.5 cm (1") cubes; drizzle with lemon juice and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the beef on skewers; grill for 5 minutes, turning once after 3 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips