Beet and Boursault Velouté Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For 4 servings
- 2 beets
- 1 orange - zest
- 2 oranges (juice)
- 1 green onion
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- salt and pepper
- 45 ml / 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 20 g de butter
- 3 slices of bread without crust
- 1/2 Boursault cheese
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- Melt the butter. Add the salt, pepper and cumin and combine.
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes. Brush with the butter and brown under the broiler for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Peel and dice the beets. Thinly slice the new onion.
- Color the onion and orange zest in the oil. Add the garlic and diced beet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Deglaze with the orange juice, salt and pepper and cook, covered, for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Purée everything until smooth and strain the soup. Divide among small containers. Place a slice of Boursault on each serving.
- Sprinkle with the croutons and garnish with blades of chive.
The velouté can be served hot or at room temperature.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips