Rock Lobster Bisque with Saffron Crust Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 liter (4 cups) Lobster bisque
- A pinch of Saffron
- 10 small medallions of lobster
- 250 g (9 oz.) green asparagus tips
- 250 g (9 oz.) puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- heat the lobster bisque with the pinch of saffron;
- pour into ovenproof bowls; place 2 lobster medallions on each serving; divide the asparagus among the bowls;
- on a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry; form 5 discs, each 10 cm (4”) in diameter, or slightly larger than the diameter of the bowl.
- Cover each bowl with a pastry disc; brush with beaten egg yolk and press the pastry onto the side of the bowl; if you wish, you can decorate the top with pastry cut-outs from the trimmings. Dip them into egg yolk first so they will stick to the puff pastry lid.
- Place into a preheated 220° C (425° F) oven for about 12 minutes or until the pastry is nicely golden; serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips