Cooking time: BBQ at 210 °C / 425 ˚F | 45 minutes
Note that these recipes can be made without pellets, simply on the barbecue. They'll still be good - but without that little extra!
- Prepare a pellet pouch and place it on the barbecue until there is smoke.
- Put beets in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper before placing them on the barbecue.
- Once well cooked, let stand for a few minutes before peeling using the back of a knife and cutting into even slices.
- Peel blood oranges (2) down to the flesh and cut into even slices.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate.
- Assemble a layered salad with seeds, pepper, olive oil, vinegar, and orange juice.
No special equipment required. BARBEX makes smoking pellets that let you turn any kind of barbecue into a smoker. A simple pierced aluminum foil packet filled with a handful of pellets creates all the smoke you need to imbue your food with an irresistible pure smoky flavor.
Pellets are made from 100% sugar maple wood to enhance the taste of grilled white meats, with another produced from 100% oak to give a unique flavor to red meat.
Photo : Marie-Noëlle Courcy
Hints & Tips