Little Spoons of Risotto with Pear and Bresse Bleu Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
In a hip modern take on risotto, the creaminess of the rice and flavor of the pear meet the melting texture of Bresse Bleu cheese - this is an appetizer to amaze your guests!
For 6 servings
- 1 Bresse Bleu cheese (250 g / 9 oz.) or another soft blue cheese
- 120 g (4 oz.) arborio rice
- 450 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 1 pear
- 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 2 shallots
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peel and finely chop the shallots; sweat them in olive oil in a skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute until "pearly" (translucent), then gradually add the hot chicken stock, stirring between each addition until the previous ladleful has been absorbed. The rice should be cooked but still slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, peel and seed the pear and dice it finely. Chop the chives. Cut the Bresse Bleu into thin slices.
- Once the risotto is cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the cream and a few slices of cheese. Add the diced pear and chives. Combine gently and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Divide the risotto among nice little hors d'oeuvre spoons, and place a slice of Bresse Bleu on each one. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips