Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
In Brazil, sweet cornflourl cake (called Bolo de Fubá) is a staple for breakfast or for an afternoon snack with coffee and guava jam. Delicious slightly warm, or at room temperature, this light Brazilian Cornflour Cake is not to be missed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Butter and flour Bundt pan; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt, coconut and vanilla until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- In separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and eggs until eggs are pale yellow.
- Add coconut milk, whisking to combine. If you choose vegetable oil instead on butter, add it at this step.
- Add dry ingredient mixture (2), whisking until smooth.
- Pour batter into buttered and floured pan. Bake cake until beginning to pull away on sides of pan and thin knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack; remove pan and let cool a few minutes until warm..
Hints & Tips