Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Quick
With the collaboration of Charlotte Stead, cooking teacher at Cookin'Cajun Cooking School, Louisiana
Charlotte points out that this is an excellent way to use up slightly stale bread.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 stale baguette
- 1 liter (4 cups) milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- A splash of Amaretto
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Amaretto
- 1 egg yolk
- In a large bowl, soak the bread in the milk. Add the sugar, raisins and vanilla. Add the eggs.
- Mix very lightly. Place in a well-buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 190°C. (375°C.) for 30-45 minutes.
- Over low heat, melt the butter and sugar together, stirring constantly.
- Add the Amaretto and egg yolk.
- Heat gently for one or two minutes until thickened. Pour the sauce over the bread pudding.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips