Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes for the cones
This recipe showcases the most recent addition to the Bresse Bleu family: beneath its bloomy rind, Bresse Bleu Suprême features a finely veined curd and deliciously creamy middle with fruity flavors. It is aged for twice as long as traditional Bresse Bleu.
If you fill the cones too early, they will soften and lose their crispiness.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan with 90 g Bresse Bleu cheese. Once the cheese has completely melted, set the pan aside.
- Peel and chop the avocados. Peel and chop the shallots.
- Place the avocado in the bowl of a mini processor with the chopped shallot, lemon juice, Bresse Bleu cream, salt and pepper.
- Process for 2 to 3 minutes until very smooth; refrigerate in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C/400° F.
- Cut each sheet of brick into 4 triangles. Roll up to form cones and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the cones on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove the cones from the oven; let cool and carefully remove the toothpicks.
- Just before serving, fill the cones with the avocado cream using a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled Bresse Bleu over the avocado cream.
- Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips