Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
American-style pancakes are served very hot with maple syrup and a knob of butter. Depending on the region, a few drops of vanilla may be added.
Hint: Roll the pecans in flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
- Place the flour in a bowl; toss 65 ml (1/4 c.) of the pecans in the flour; add the sugar, salt and baking powder; add in the liquid ingredients and stir; do not whisk the mixture;
- oil a large cast iron skillet or crêpe pan; heat it; off the heat, pour in half a ladle of the batter, immediately tilting the pan with your other hand to spread the batter evenly;
- return to the heat and cook; once the edges begin to colour and you see small bubbles appearing all over the surface, flip the pancake;
- cook for a few moments on the other side and slide onto a plate. Keep warm until all the pancakes are cooked;
- meanwhile, sauté the remaining pecans in a skillet with a little butter;
- serve hot with butter and pecans and sprinkled with brown sugar.
Hints & Tips