Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
An original recipe from Patrick Fulgraff of Le Fer Rouge in Colmar, as part of the "Camembert à la carte" promotion
"From my early childhood, camembert has been part of festive meals. Its refined flavor and texture were part of my gustatory evolution."
About my camembert recipe
"Pairing camembert with other products from Alsace fulfills my curiosity and passion for cooking."
Preparing the sauce
- Chop the shallots; cook them in a saucepan with the cream; season with salt and pepper;
- at the last moment, add the white wine vinegar, whisking gently;
Preparing the cabbage
- Remove the leaves from the cabbage, cut into thin long strips and cook in boiling salted water until al dente; cool and drain;
- season with two-thirds of the shallot cream sauce, reserving the rest for the presentation.
Preparing the camembert crisps
- Cut the camembert into 8 pieces and wrap each one in sheets of brick pastry;
- heat the peanut oil in a skillet; add the camembert packets and fry on both sides; drain on paper towels.
Preparing the garnish
- Hull, seed and dice the tomatoes;
- chop the chives; slice the mushrooms;
- sauté the goose gizzards in the skillet;
- cut the smoked goose breast into 8 thin slices; cut the goose liver thinly;
- season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper; sprinkle with half the chopped chives.
- Place the cabbage in the center of the plate and surround with the camembert crisps, smoked goose breast, goose liver and gizzards;
- lay the sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes and remaining chopped chives on top;
- end with a drizzle of sauce around everything.
Vallée du Rhône Côte Rôtie de Guigal
Hints & Tips