Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
(1) Have you tried duBreton bacon? It's a Canadian delicacy that tempts your tastebuds with a definite call for more, organic bacon prepared without nitrites, nitrates, artificial ingredients, colors or chemicals. Bacon with an authentic taste. You'll certainly love it for breakfast or in a BLT, but why not go a little further and try this delicious sweet and salty dessert?
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Mix brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup, in a small bowl.
- Place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet covered in tin foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and brush both sides with brown sugar mixture. Return bacon to the oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Repeat basting every 5 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- Toast bread in toaster or panini press.
- Slice tomatoes.
Now it is time to build your Candied BLT.
- Pile it as high as you like: lettuce, tomato, candied bacon and goat cheese and don't be stingy with the bacon!
Photo : Brook Stoiko
duBreton is the largest organic pork producer and Certified Humane Raised and Handled in Canada and North America. Next goal: they want to continue to be an international leader, a model for the entire industry.
Hints & Tips