Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nothing says holiday more than the combination of beautiful, rich flavours in a single bite. This recipe does just that infusing the citrus of candied orange and sweetness of maple with the distinct sharpness of Agropur Grand Cheddar. This unusual combination of familiar profiles will delight any cheese lover.
Gingerbread or fruitcake toasts
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350ºF.
- Place gingerbread or fruitcake slices on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven until crisp, about 10 minutes
- Cut cheese into 24 rectangular bites.
- Cut loaf in 24 slices the same size as cheese.
- Top each gingerbread with a slice of Cheddar cheese, a dollop of maple jelly and a piece of orange confit.
Award-winning, firm and strong 3-year-old cheddar with a sharp aroma. Pairs well with sweet jams and jellies. An Agropur product.
Hints & Tips