Preparation time: 20 min.
Refrigeration time: 30 min. (optional)
Cooking time: 30 min.
For a successful soufflé, don't open the oven door during the cooking time.
For a higher soufflé, refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
For a more intense flavor, cook the tapioca in milk flavored with nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F). Butter individual ramekins.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Beat the whites to stiff peaks.
- Cook the tapioca in the hot milk, following the package directions, stirring constantly.
- Leave to swell, off the heat, for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the butter, grated cheese, beaten egg yolks, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg whites and fold in gently until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips