Preparation time: 45 minutes
An original idea from Vincent Poussard for the AAPRA, adapted by Gourmetpedia
- Boil a little coconut milk to soften the sheets of gelatin. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Blend the gelatin into the coconut milk; whisk in the fromage blanc.
- Whip the cream; gently fold into the coconut-cheese mixture. Add some slivers of roasted chestnut. Let set in the refrigerator. For a more attractive presentation, prepare the blanc manger in individual dishes.
- Chop the coconut meat, dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- Dip the bananas in butter and sugar.
- Unmold the blanc manger. Place the banana pieces on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut and slivers of chocolate.
- Garnish with whole roasted chestnuts.
Collaboration: Association Aquitaine de Promotion Agroalimentaire (AAPRA) and the Union Interprofessionnelle Châtaigne Périgord Limousin, Midi-Pyrénées
Hints & Tips