Chilled Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hoursPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Refrigeration time: At least 2 hours
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 leeks, white part only
- 6 stalks of Celery
- 1 piece of celery root (celeriac), optional
- 10 g (1 tbsp.) chervil
- 2 green apples
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 liters (6 cups) chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp. chopped chervil
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 bouquet garni
- Roughly chop the leeks and onion. Sweat in butter with the crushed garlic for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add 1 1/2 liters (6 cups) stock; bring to a boil; season, add the bouquet garni, finely chopped celery stalk and celery root. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Ten minutes before the end, add the peeled diced green apple.
- Purée everything in a blender and then strain - the technique differs from an ordinary cream soup because it's essential to get rid of the celery "threads" that are unpleasant to eat.
- Add the cream, correct the seasoning and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, garnish with a sprinkling of chervil.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips