Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: 4 hours
Wash and dry the oranges; remove the peel and cut into thin strips of zest. Blanch the zest to remove the bitterness, then cook over low heat for 10 minutes in a mixture of water and sugar. Drain in a small strainer.
- Squeeze the juice of the oranges into a saucepan, add the sugar and Christmas Beer and warm. Mix in the gelatin, previously softened in some cold water, and the orange zest. Combine well, and refrigerate until the jelly is lightly set.
- Line a rectangular mould with plastic wrap, letting the plastic hang over the edges. Line the bottom and sides of the mould with ladyfinger biscuits soaked in orange juice.
- Make the mousse by melting the chocolate together with the water.
- Separate the eggs. Add the yolks to the chocolate and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form, then fold them into the chocolate-egg yolk mixture.
- Bring the cream to a boil. Off the heat, add in the chocolate, broken into pieces, and stir vigorously. Pour half of this mixture over the biscuits.
- Fill with a little chocolate mousse, add the jelly and cover with the remaining mousse. Top with a layer of orange-soaked ladyfinger biscuits and finish with the chocolate cream. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Hints & Tips