Chase Away the Lunch Box Blues - Part 2: Desserts
Some dessert suggestions, especially since school policy these days often does not allow peanuts, other nuts, or candy in the school.
On a day when you don't have time to cook, simply choose a nice piece of fresh fruit. If the fruit is juicy, don't forget to throw in a paper towel or napkin!
Day 2 - Muffin or Brownie
Muffins are a good source of nutrients.
- Banana bread - pour the batter into muffin tins and bake
- Volcano muffins with raspberry jam
- Muffins with Cheese, Honey Butter, etc.
And how about some delicious homemade brownies
Day 3 - Cookie , Doughnut or Cake
You can buy these products ready-made, but when you have time to bake…
- Schwobe Broedel - Alsatian Doughnuts
- Pumpkin fritters
- Old-fashioned apple fritters
- Honey Cake from the Auvergne
- Caribbean Pound Cake
- Grandma Chiquinha's Orange Cake - Brazil
- Carrot Cake
- Carrot Cake with Pineapple
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want more ideas? Find other recipes under "Breads, cookies and muffins"
Day 4 - "Dairy"
- a good quality yogurt with fruit is a healthy choice
- pudding made with milk
Day 5 - "Enhanced Fruits"
This category Includes
- any fresh fruit salad
- jello with fruit added
- a piece of apple or other fruit pie
- fruit compote with cookies
There are also puddings. Want more ideas? See our "dessert" listing.
Welcome back to school!
Photo : macaron, Puratos
Hints & Tips