Coconut Banana Cream Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
For 4-6 servings
500 ml (2 cups) coconut cream*
- 5 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 small packet vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 150 ml (10 Tbsp.) heavy cream, whipped
- coarsely chopped pistachios for garnish
- Bring the coconut cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt to a boil.
- Add the bananas, remove the mixture from the heat and purée it.
- Combine the milk with the cornstarch and eggs and add to the banana mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Immediately pour through a strainer into a bowl and let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Incorporate the lime juice and whipped cream once the mixture has cooled.
- Divide among individual serving dishes and garnish with pistachios.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration: Suzi Wan, supplier of coconut cream, available in grocery stores
Hints & Tips