Pistachio and Coconut Rice Pudding Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Tip from Suzi Wan
You can substitute dried strawberries or apple for the pineapple.
For 4 servings
- 150 g (5 oz.) short-grain rice
- 1 liter (4 cups) boiling water
- 750 ml (3 cups) milk
- 75 g (3 oz.) powdered sugar
- 2 - 200 ml (7 oz.) bricks of coconut cream*
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g (2 oz.) unsalted pistachios
- 150 g (5 oz.) dried pineapple
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add the rice to the milk and add the coconut cream. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat without stirring.
- Off the heat, add the sugar, crushed pistachios and dried pineapple.
- Place the rice into dessert cups and cool. Just before serving, decorate with pistachio powder and pineapple slices.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration: Suzi Wan®, source of coconut cream*
Hints & Tips