Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
You can garnish the soup with a few basil leaves or chive spears.
José Pierre Durand has created this recipe for Jardins Dugré, – a friendly market in Trois-Rivières where he likes to stop for fresh products.
- In a large pot, sweat the onion, corn, ginger and garlic in the olive oil until lightly colored; deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the broth and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Purée in a blender, then pass through a fine strainer. Once the soup is very smooth, blend in the cream and season to taste.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the cubed chorizo over medium heat.
- Deglaze with the maple syrup and reduce by half.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and place a few cubes of the maple-flavored chorizo in the center.
Hints & Tips