Couscous, Goat Cheese, Fresh Fig and Walnut Salad Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Few minutes or more depending on whether you use pre-cooked couscous
This is a very nourishing and vitamin-rich salad.
Fresh goat's cheese (chevre) is soft and creamy, but it becomes stronger, drier and more crumbly as it ages.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 250 ml (1 cup) durum wheat Semolina
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped Nuts
- 4 + 1 Figs
- A large piece of Goat cheese
- Curly leaf lettuce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. walnut oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- The pulp squeezed from one fig
- Wash the lettuce and tear it up coarsely;
- cut the 4 figs into quarters without cutting through the base; open them up like a flower;
- cook the couscous or prepare the pre-cooked variety; drain and cool;
- make the vinaigrette by combining the two oils, parsley and fig pulp;
- divide the couscous among deep plates; drizzle with vinaigrette; arrange the lettuce leaves all around; sprinkle with walnuts and crumbled goat's cheese; garnish with a fig "flower."
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips