Crab Soup with Cress Mousse Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 200 g (7 oz.) Crabmeat
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 leek, white part only
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 sweet potato
- Salt and pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) light chicken stock
- 750 ml (3 cups) milk
- 6 tbsp. sherry
- 200 g (7 oz.) crab
- 1/2 bunch Cress or Watercress
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Peel the vegetables and chop them coarsely; sauté in butter for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Purée everything in a blender with the milk and 200 g (7 oz.) crab.
- Reheat; correct the seasoning.
- Serve hot, adding a spoonful of sherry to each bowl.
- At the last minute, whir the cress and olive oil in the blender until very foamy.
- Place a small spoonful of crab on the side of the soup; top with a drizzle of cress mousse.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips