Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: a few minutes
Cooking time: none
An essential on carrot or banana cake! For banana cake, you could mix a ripe banana into the icing to accentuate the flavor, or substitute a spoonful of aged dark rum for the vanilla.
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream cheese
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) softened butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with the vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the icing sugar and whip until fluffy.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips