Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Toast Fingers Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For a faster version, chop the cauliflower before cooking it: it will cook in just 5 minutes.
For 4 servings
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- Salt and pepper
- Country bread
- 8 slices of country ham or prosciutto
- Remove the leaves and core from the cauliflower and divide into florets.
- Place the milk, cream and cauliflower into a large saucepan. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread in 2 cm (3/4") thick slices; cut into fingers and wrap a slice of ham around each one.
- Purée the soup in a blender; ladle into bowls and serve with 3 toast fingers per person.
More recipe ideas
Photo : Nicolas Louis / Prince de Bretagne
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips