Cream of White Bean Soup with Roasted Langoustines Recipe
Flavors of Brittany
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 400 g (14 oz.) white beans
- 10-15 langoustines
- 2 leeks
- 3 shallots
- 1.5 liter (6 cups) chicken stock (fresh or made from cubes)
- 1 liter (4 cups) liquid cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil, fine salt, freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) balsamic vinegar
- Sauté the thinly sliced shallots and leeks in olive oil. Add the beans and 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped. Add the chicken broth.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, add the cream and cook 10 minutes longer. Purée in a blender, strain and keep hot.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar over low heat.
- Peel the raw langoustines. Sear them in olive oil in a skillet. Drain.
- Ladle some of the cream of white bean soup into bowls and top with the langoustines and a ribbon of balsamic reduction. Garnish with chervil or dill.
Photo: Isabelle Guégan. In collaboration with Canetti
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips