Prep. time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
This cake provides all the flavors of the tropics: banana, coconut, cinnamon and vanilla.
For a more elegant presentation, serve it with a crème anglaise flavored with a little dark rum.
- make a thick dough by combining the flour and cream; add the cinnamon, salt, vanilla and juice of a lemon;
- roll the dough out with a rolling pin; cut out 2 layers like pie crusts;
- line a pie plate with one layer;
- top with the sliced bananas;
- cover with the top layer and crimp the edges to seal;
- brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar and grated coconut;
- bake in a moderate oven (180° C / 350° F) for about 30 minutes until nicely browned.
Photo : ID 11421697 / tobi / MSCOMM
Hints & Tips