Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You can buy slices of turkey: ask your butcher to prepare them, or cut them yourself from a boneless turkey breast.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water and wash several times, particularly with morels, in order to remove any sand.
- In a skillet, sauté the turkey slices in butter for 2-3 minutes, then season. Remove and keep hot.
- Add the shallots, mushrooms, diced tomato and minced garlic to the skillet.
- Add the cider and broth and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add the cream, chopped cilantro and Espelette chili. Reduce to the desired consistency.
- Add the turkey and season as required. Cool.
- In a 25 cm / 10" pie plate, place two sheets of phyllo pastry, doubled and brushed with butter. Place the filling in the center of the pastry and cover with the remaining two sheets of pastry. Brush again.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for 10 minutes. Serve with a salad.
Photo and collaboration: Quebec Poultry Producers
Hints & Tips