Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You could replace the coppa with another cured meat, or even anchovies. Serve with an arugula salad.
Tip from Casa Azzurra
Cow's milk mozzarella is a stretched cheese that can be enjoyed either hot or old. Use cylindrical-shaped mozzarella to obtain even slices.
- Slice the mozzarella and cover 6 slices of white sandwich bread. Add a slice of coppa to each one.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the sandwiches lightly in flour, then in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Heat a skillet containing a generous amount of oil. The ideal frying temperature is 180° C / 350 F. Once the oil is hot, fry the sandwiches on both sides until nicely browned.
- Drain the sandwiches on paper towel and cut into small squares. Serve hot.
Hints & Tips