Cucumber, carrot and grapefruit salad Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Cooking time: None
If you don’t have sherry vinegar, you can make the vinaigrette with 1 part grapefruit juice, 2 parts oil and a pinch of sugar.
For 6 servings
- 1 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 smal white onions
- 5 ml / 1 Tsp. sherry vinegar
- 35 ml / 7 Tsp. sunflower oil
- ssalt and pepper
- Peel the grapefruit, removing the white pith; cut into supremes, i.e., sections without the membrane. Work over a bowl to collect the juice.
- Peel and grate the carrots with a large grater.
- Wash the cucumber well; dry it and slice on a mandolin into rounds or ribbons. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Peel the onions and slice thinly, lengthwise.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar together to emulsify. Add the grapefruit juice. Allow 45 ml, squeezing one of the segments if necessary. Season with pepper.
- Divide the vegetables among plates. Add the grapefruit supremes, drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve cold.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips