Cupcakes (Basic Batter Recipe) Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
My neighbor, Micheline, makes these delicious cupcakes. Here are her secrets:
- Stir the batter by hand, instead of using a mixer. The texture will be slightly heavier, but that's its charm. It's an old-fashioned cake like our mothers and grandmothers used to make.
- I use half milk, half orange juice. The orange flavor doesn't stand out, but adds a little something extra!
- If you like orange, you can use all orange juice, adding some grated zest to really bring out the orange flavor.
- 225 g (1 cup) softened butter
- 125 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk or orange juice (or half and half)
- 500 ml (2 cups) white flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and liquid - it's important to proceed by small amounts, alternating wet and dry ingredients. Combine until smooth.
- Pour into buttered floured tins; bake for about 20 minutes at 180° C (350° F).
Decorate with your choice of icing. See recipes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips