Cooking time: None
A designer with a culinary bent, Thomas Clouet shakes things up and puts a new spin on appetizers for 1664. Parsleyed chips, mini tomato sorbets, dried apricot candies with foie gras or even mushroom macaroons with cheese and curry… there are ideas for every taste and every occasion.
(1) Choose small mushrooms with a round cap.
You could substitute another spice for the curry, such as sweet paprika. You could also season the cream cheese with herbs such as parsley or cilantro.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese with the mild curry powder.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Remove the skin from the mushroom caps, starting at the base.
- Sprinkle the mushroom caps with lemon juice to prevent them from darkening.
- Trim the bases of the mushroom caps to form nice half macaroon shells.
- Fill a piping bag with the curried cream cheese.
- Fill a mushroom cap shell with the mixture, then top with a second shell. Serve immediately.
1664 - Brasseries Kronenbourg
Hints & Tips