Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Use your imagination to vary the pleasure by adding other vegetables (cucumber, broccoli, etc.) or even meats to this platter: chicken strips, ham, etc.
Use baby carrots; wash well - no need to peel them.
- Remove the rind from the blue cheese and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan; reduce the heat and add the cheese. Let melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm; blend in the fromage blanc and paprika. Mix well. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Cut the half cauliflower into florets as small as possible.
- Peel and halve the carrots; cut each half into about 10 sticks.
- Seed the peppers and cut into squares. Cut the raw ham into strips.
- Prepare mini-skewers consisting of pepper squares, cherry tomatoes, cornichons and strips of ham (folded like an accordion).
- On each plate, place some carrot sticks, cauliflower florets and 2 or 3 mini-skewers. Serve with the blue cheese dip.
Side suggestions for a balanced meal: 2 slices of toast and a pear broiled with honey.
Nutritional content of this meal, per person
508 Kcal (25% of the recommended daily amount)
Protein: 41% of the RDA
Calcium: 42% of the RDA.
Hints & Tips