Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Make your own winning recipe or try our cupcakes temptations.
Nozzles that give you the grass effect are called multi opening nozzles. There are a few different sizes by various brand names. Some nozzles will give you a bigger grass than other ones. Smaller ones will help you to pipe lots of grass
To get a really good grass effect from either of these nozzles you have to have really really smooth icing.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and icing sugar until light and pale.
- Add the lemon juice and the food coloring and mix well.
- If needed, refrigerate until the mixture has the consistency of buttercream and is firm enough to work with, without running.
- Place the icing into a piping bag with the desired nozzle.
- Start on the outside and work your way around. Hold the nozzle just about the cake and squeeze. As you feel it hit the cake, gently lift the icing bag up as you keep squeezing, then stop squeezing and pull off. The grass should stand upright. Don’t make your grass too short! You want a really lush thick grass, like a lawn that needs to be mowed.
- Continue to work your way around until you reach the center and cover the entire top.
- Garnish with candy eggs.
Hints & Tips