Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
This is my sister-in-law's "go-to" recipe - it's quick and simple but always a hit.
For a pie for 4 people, use a 15 cm pan. Arrange the apples in a rosace shape, letting them extend over the pastry if necessary. Use the same quantity of apples, but reduce the amount of pastry. You'll have just enough left to make a chocolate mousse pie - double the delight for a little dinner party with friends.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt and sugar) with a fork.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is sandy. Avoid using your hands, which would warm the mixture and make the pastry tougher. Finally mix in the vinegar.
Assembly and finishing
- Cover the bottom of a 22 cm non-stick springform pan with a good layer of pastry, using your fingers to press the pastry up the sides in a thin layer .
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss the apples well with this mixture until coated.
- Arrange the apples in a rosace in the pastry in several rows.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove from oven, cool and unmold.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Photo: ID : 47175763 / Frank Straube
Hints & Tips