Endive Tatin Recipe
Flavors of Burgundy
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
- 3 kg (6 1/2 lb.) Belgian endives
- 400 g (14 oz.) sugar
- 250 g (8 oz.) butter
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 3 oranges
- Salt and pepper
- Separate the endive leaves, separating the large leaves from the small.
- Make a fairly dark caramel with the butter and sugar.
- Add the large leaves, coat them in the caramel and deglaze with 2/3 of the citrus juices and seasonings.
- Reduce until it returns to the caramel stage (about 15 minutes).
- Drain in a strainer and repeat with the smaller leaves. Line individual molds with well-drained large leaves and fill with the smaller leaves. Fold the larger leaves over top and cover with a round, nicely-browned piece. Cook in a 200° C (400° F) oven for 6 minutes.
- Place on a plate with three triangles of caramelized endive.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2019. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips