Provençal Salad with 0% Fromage Frais Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Average nutritional content per serving
- Energy = 183.5 kcal
- Protein = 6.8 g
- Fat = 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates = 22.2 g
For a balanced menu
- Provençal salad with 0% fromage frais
- Salmon en papillote with basil
- Wilted spinach
- 0% fromage frais with fresh apricot coulis
Fruity and flavorful, olive oil consists of nutritionally-important "good" fats. It also is a source of vitamin E, required by our bodies.
For 4 servings
- 4 portions of fromage frais (100 g) or other fresh cheese
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1/4 bunch of basil
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 tomato
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 8 slices of baguette (10 g each)
- salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Immerse the tomato in boiling water for 20 seconds. Peel and seed. Dice the flesh finely.
- Place the fromage frais, chopped basil and 1 tbsp. olive oil in a bowl. Combine well.
- Toast the baguette slices in a toaster or in a dry non-stick skillet.
- Spread the fromage frais mixture onto the baguette toasts. Sprinkle with chopped chives and diced tomato.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil with the sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce leaves in a bowl. Dress the salad, then top with the baguette slices.
- Garnish with a basil leaf. Serve cold.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips