Game Stock and Sauce Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation time: 40 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 kg (4 1/2 ob.) game bones
- 4 shallots
- Thyme, bay leaf, garlic, cracked pepper, juniper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) cognac
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sherry
- 1 liter (4 cups) red wine
- Brown the bones well in a large pot; remove.
- Sweat the chopped shallots; add the thyme, bay leaf, garlic, cracked pepper and juniper.
- Deglaze with cognac, then sherry and red wine; reduce by half.
- Add the reduction to the bones; add the game stock or veal stock and simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Pour the cooking liquid into the sauce.
- Correct the seasoning with salt, pepper, sherry and thicken with blood if possible.
- sweet-sour sauce, adding berries and goat cheese
- add 1 tbsp. flower honey
- add cranberries and 1 tbsp. honey; replace the sherry with balsamic vinegar
- replace the cognac and sherry with Madeira and raspberry vinegar; flavor with Sichuan pepper
- Replace the game stock with veal stock infused with a split vanilla bean.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips