Preheat oven to 220°C. (450°F.)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Allow 3 minutes / 100 g (13 min/lb.)
In the ingredients for the jardinière, "olivette" refers to small lengths of vegetable that have been trimmed into olive shapes.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sear the meat on all sides.
- Add an unpeeled clove of garlic, the sage and scraps of veal and continue frying for several minutes.
- Add the veal drippings, pouring some spoonfuls over the meat.
- Place in the oven and roast constantly, basting with the pan drippings to glaze it.
To make the jardinière
- Simmer the artichokes on low heat in 20 ml (4 tsp.) of oil with the wine, parsley stems, the second garlic clove (peeled), pepper, rosemary and salt, if necessary.
- In another pan heat the remaining oil and add the thyme, bay leaf and carrots. Add the Swiss chard stems and less than 2 minutes later add the onions, celery and asparagus.
- Two minutes later add the fennel and water, and when the ingredients are almost cooked add the Swiss chard leaves.
- Turn off the heat and complete the jardinière with the parsley and drained artichokes.
- Serve the veal accompanied by the vegetable jardinière.
Hints & Tips