Gomiti with Curry Sauce, Asparagus and Scallops Recipe
Flavors of Italy
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation and cooking time: Under an hour
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 250 g (9 oz.) Scallops
- 240 g (8 oz.) gomiti or other short, ridged Pasta
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 20 green Asparagus tips
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) curry sauce
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) shallots
- 200 g (7 oz.) Reinette apple, peeled and cored
- 500 ml (2 cups) fish stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) light cream
- 20 g (4 tsp.) Curry powder
- 10 g (2 tsp.) butter
- Toasted almonds
- Finely chop the shallots and brown them in a pan with the butter, diced apple and curry mixture. Add the fish fumet and reduce by two-thirds.
- Add the single cream and continue cooking to a creamy consistency. Strain and salt lightly.
- Wash the asparagus tips and cook for a few minutes in boiling salted water, then drain and pass through very cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- Cook the gomiti in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Sauté the scallops in a frying pan with the butter, cooking them 5 seconds per side. Warm the curry sauce, add the drained gomiti and the asparagus, and serve in individual plates, topped with the scallops.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips