Grapefruit Tart Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes
Resting time: 20 minutes
For 8 servings
- 300 g (10 oz.) short pastry
- 2 juicy grapefruits
- 4 eggs
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1 rounded Tbsp. potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. icing sugar
- butter for the pan
- flour for the pan
- candied angleica
- Roll the pastry out to a 4 mm thickness.
- Lay it into a buttered floured tart tin, fold down the edge into a border and press with the tines of a fork.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
- Cover the pie shell with parchment and fill with dried beans to weigh down.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: separate the eggs.
- Mix the yolks in a bowl with the sugar until pale and light.
- Add the starch and juice of 1 grapefruit.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Do not boil: the filling should be light and creamy.
- Peel the second grapefruit, removing the white pith, and cut into sections, removing any seeds.
- Beat 3 egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into the warm filling.
- Remove the tart shell from the oven and turn the oven down to 180° C (350° F).
- Remove the parchment and dried beans from the crust, pour in the filling and spread it out and top with the grapefruit segment, halved lengthwise.
- Press them down slightly and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Return the tart to the oven for approximatley 20 minutes, until the filling is set and lightly browned.
- Serve cold after unmolding onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with pieces of candied angelica.
More recipe ideas
In collaboration with FOD / CEDUS
Hints & Tips