Grilled Fruit with Cinnamon Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6-8 minutes
I love serving grilled fruit in the summer: it’s full of flavor and easy to cook. The secret is in the timing, so start with the fruits that take longest: firm ones like apple, for instance. Medium cooking time for tender fruits, such as bananas, mangos and papayas. End with quick-cooking fruits, which often contain a lot of water: pineapple, peaches, pears… For a tropical touch, flambé with dark rum just before serving.
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey or brown sugar
Cinnamon yogurt sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Oil the grill well to keep the fruit from sticking.
- Cut the fruit into large slices or wedges; brush with the marinade.
- Cook the fruit over low heat and not directly over the flame, turning occasionally. Watch carefully: the cooking time is quite short. You want the fruit cooked but not falling apart or mushy. Remove when tender and caramelized.
- Grilled fruit can be served on its own or with a yogurt sauce. To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until needed.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips