Impress your crowd with a platter of these tender grilled veggies topped with a smoky, savoury dressing - just don't tell them how easy it was to prepare!
Thread soaked toothpicks through the side of each slice of onion to hold the rings together and prevent them from falling through the grill grates. Discard before serving.
Vegetables can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, cooled, covered and refrigerated until 30 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Whisk the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl; add the sliced vegetables and toss to coat.
- Arrange veggies on the grill, working in batches, if necessary. Grill the vegetables, turning and moving as needed, for 10 to 15 minutes or until well marked and tender.
- Return the vegetables to the bowl and toss with any leftover oil mixture.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a serving platter.
Dressing and Serving
- Whisk the hummus with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and paprika.
- Drizzle over warm or cold grilled veggies just before serving. Serve with lemon wedges (if using).
Calories: 214, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrate: 18 g, Fibre: 6 g, Sodium: 261 mg, Potassium: 607 mg
Excellent source of vitamin C (219 %DV) and folate (34 % DV). Good source of magnesium (18 % DV).
For fresh fruits and vegetables, such as eggplants, peppers, zucchini and onions, Go South! Fresh from the Southern U.S.
Hints & Tips