Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 minutes
It's important that the vegetables be tender and nicely colored; brush them often with marinade during cooking so that they do not dry out or burn.
- To peel the peppers, grill them on all sides on the barbecue over high heat and peel them when they have cooled. (This step is optional.)
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Divide into two equal parts.
- Cut the Canadian provolone into 1.5 cm (1/2") cubes and marinate in half of the marinade for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Brush the vegetables with the other half of the marinade; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables on the barbecue grill and mark them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Grill the vegetables in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving platter and sprinkle with the cubes of marinated Canadian provolone.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for one hour. Garnish with the fresh herbs and serve with the crostini (below).
Crostini with garlic butter
- Combine the butter, garlic and chives and brush onto the slices of baguette.
- Grill lightly on the barbecue.
Hints & Tips