Hake with Bayonne Ham and Mushrooms Recipe
Flavors of Basque Country
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
A recipe from Jean-Claude Tellechea, Auberge du Cheval Blanc, Bayonne
For 8 servings
- 1 hake, about 3 kg (6.6 lb.) Ask your fish seller to fillet the hake and cut it into 150 g (5 oz.) square-cut portions
- 250 g (9 oz.) Bayonne ham
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) sweet peppers
- 250 g (9 oz.) white mushrooms
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) parsley juice
- Julienne the Bayonne ham and the mushrooms.
- Dice the peppers.
- Sauté the hake portions in a little olive oil in a skillet. Set aside.
- Sauté the ham, mushrooms and peppers in the same skillet. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place the hake on one side of a large platter with the julienned ham and mushroom mixture on the other side and pour the parsley juice around the perimeter.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips