Preheat the oven to 110° C (220° F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 7 hours
"The rillettes I make, for which I'm sharing the recipe, are not fatty, but instead are light, spicy and peppery. They obviously call for a wine that is both dry (sugar encumbers the taste buds) and not too mature, otherwise it will overpower the rillettes."
- Cut the pork into pieces.
- Pour the water into a heavy cast-iron pot and bring to a boil. Add the lard and the cut-up meat.
- Cover and cook in a bain marie in the oven at 110° C (225° F) for six hours, mixing often with a wooden spoon.
- When the meat begins to fall apart, the rillettes are cooked. Add the Vouvray and return to the oven for an hour.
- Remove from the heat. Mix and break up roughly. Season.
- While still hot, pack into stoneware pots.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
Vouvray sec 1988 - Domaine du Clos Naudin
Hints & Tips