Lamb Meatballs Stuffed with Grapes and Mint Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Serve with a salad of mild greens (such as Boston lettuce or lamb’s lettuce) to which you’ve added some chopped mint.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) ground Lamb
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 small bunch of fresh Mint
- 1 green grape per meatball - 4 per skewer
- Salt and pepper
- Yellow and orange pepper
- Spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 300 g (10 oz.) Yogurt
- 3 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- Remove the stems from the mint; wash and chop the leaves. Moisten the fresh breadcrumbs with a spoonful of oil or milk.
- In a bowl, combine the meat, bread crumbs, eggs and 2 tbsp. mint. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into meatballs a little larger than a walnut, inserting a grape into each one.
- Oil the meatballs and place them onto skewers, alternating with pieces of pepper and onion.
- Grill on all sides over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the crème fraîche, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and remaining mint. Serve the yogurt sauce on the side in a sauce boat or in individual ramekins.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips