Lamb's Lettuce and Mango Salad with Orange Recipe
Flavors of the Loire Valley
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: A few minutes
- You can replace the slices of duck breast with slices of country-style ham and the walnuts with pine nuts.
- For a meal salad, add some cottage cheese.
- For a low-fat version, replace the duck breast or ham with slices of cold chicken or simply cottage cheese.
- 150 g (5 oz.) Mache (Lamb's Lettuce)
- 1 mango
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and membranes removed
- 12 thin slices of smoked duck breast
- 12 shelled walnuts
- 1 tbsp. walnut oil
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil or a neutral oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Make the vinaigrette by combining the ingredients for the dressing in a salad bowl;
- cut the oranges up into skinless sections; cut the mango into small dice; add them to the vinaigrette;
- add the lamb's lettuce and the walnuts at the last minute; toss; garnish with the slices of duck breast.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips