Lamb and Vacherin Cheese Burger Recipe
Flavors of Quebec
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Try substituting Riopelle cheese for a different flavor.
For 4 burgers
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) ground lamb
- 4 sesame Kaiser rolls, halved
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Vacherin cheese, cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh mint
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Horseradish
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill. In a bowl, combine the ground lamb with the seasonings.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Make a hole in the center of each burger and fill it with a few cubes of Vacherin cheese. Reform the meat to completely enclose the cheese.
- Grill over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning half-way through.
- Serve with a green salad.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips