Le Mont-Blanc, a Caribbean Creole cake Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: Under 30 minutes
- 1 genoise (sponge) cake
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) pastry cream
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) simple syrup
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) banana liqueur
- 6 Egg whites
- 120 g (1 cup) icing sugar
- Dried grated meat from 1 Coconut
- Cut the sponge cake into 3 equal horizontal layers then brush each with a mixture of syrup and liqueur-flavored cream.
- Spread 2 of the cake layers with pastry cream, then stack the layers to reassemble the cake, placing the unglazed layer on top.
- Beat the egg whites with the confectioner's sugar until stiff. With a spatula, ice the entire cake.
- Halve the coconut, remove and clean the meat. Finely grate the coconut and sprinkle evenly over the cake.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips